Luigi Masseroni interviews Professor Giovanni Sartori, a 91 (almost 92) year old Florentine, who is regarded as one of the greatest experts in international political science and who has for years been an attentive observer of today’s main themes: Islam and Europe.
By: Hans den Hollander
Professor, this is where we play with our future.
– A lot of stupid things are said about this.
In France, left-wing intellectuals are starting to talk about this like a right-wing. They say that multiculturalism has failed, that migratory flows from Muslim countries are unsustainable, that Islam cannot assimilate to democratic Europe …
– Those are things I’ve been saying for decades.
Are you talking like the right wing?
– I don’t care about the right or the left, what interests me is common sense. I talk from experience because I have been studying these things for years because I try to understand the political, ethical and economic systems that govern relations between Islam and Europe, in order to propose solutions to the disaster in which we find ourselves.
– To tell ourselves that a large Muslim community loyal to a theocratic monotheism that does not accept political power alongside religious power can be peacefully integrated with Western democratic society. This misunderstanding has caused the war in which we find ourselves to break out.
Why is this so?
– Because the Islam that has awakened in the last 20 years – excited and ready to burst, aided by new and increasingly dangerous technologies – is an Islam that is incapable of developing. It is a theocratic monotheism that has dwelt on our Middle Ages. And it is an Islam that is incompatible with Western monotheism. For a long time, from the battle for Vienna and beyond, these two realities have ignored each other. Now they have clashed again.
Why can’t they live together?
– Because free societies, like the West, are based on democracy, i.e. on popular sovereignty. Islam, on the other hand, is based on the sovereignty of Allah. And if the islamites want to apply this principle in the western countries, the conflict is inevitable.
Are you saying that integration is impossible for the Muslim?
– I say that from 630 A.D. onwards, history does not mention any cases in which the integration of Muslims within the non-Islamic society has succeeded.
Think of India and Indonesia.
So if in their Islamic countries the Muslims live under the sovereignty of Allah, everything goes well, but if …
– … but if the immigrant comes to us and continues to accept this principle and reject our ethical-political values, it means that he will never be able to integrate. In England and France, we therefore find a third generation of young Muslims who are more fanatical and evil than ever before.
– What is multiculturalism? What does it mean? Multiculturalism does not exist. The left wing waving with the word multiculturalism does not know what Islam is and follows stupid ideas. You should think about it. The Chinese remain Chinese even after two thousand years and live quietly with their traditions and customs in our cities. The same goes for the Jews. But not the Muslims. In private life they can and must continue to practise their own religion, but in political life they must accept our rules on popular sovereignty, otherwise they must leave.
If a left-wing conservative heard you, he would consider you a xenophobe.
– The left wing is scandalous. It does not have the courage to tackle the problem. It has lost its ideology and, in order to strike its fine progressive figure, it is clinging to the disastrous case of the doors that are open to everyone. Solidarity is a good thing. But it is not enough.
What is needed?
– Rules. Immigration to Europe has unsustainable numbers. Whoever enters must have a visa, regular documents and an identity that is certain. Anyone living illegally in a country must be deported. And who stays may not have the right to vote, otherwise the Islamites will form a political party and, with their terrible birth rates, will have an absolute majority. And we must then live under the law of Allah. I have lived in the USA for thirty years. I had all the rights, except the right to vote. And it went very well for me.
And the mass landing of immigrants off our coasts?
– Every state of emergency has different stages of crisis. We are now at the last, the war stage – we are under attack, let that be clear – and in the war they defend themselves with all the weapons at their disposal, from the drones to the torpedo.
What are you saying?
– I say that, in the war phase, if territorial waters are not respected. They send planes to the Libyan coasts and they sink the boats before they leave. Of course, without the people in it. That is the only deterrent to the storming of Europe. Two to three sinkings and they will not do it. And in order to enter Europe, they will have to find other ways that are easier to control.
If one of those intellectuals, according to whom the blame always lies with the West, will hear you …
– Stupid intellectuals and self-mutilators they are. I also know that the Inquisition was something awful. But that phase of fanaticism has been outdated by the West for centuries. Islam is not. Islam has no capacity for evolution. It is and always will be what it was ten centuries ago. It is an immobile world that has never penetrated industrial society. Not even the richest countries, like Saudi Arabia. They have petroleum and a lot of money, but they don’t manufacture anything and buy any end product from the outside. The symbol of their civilization is not industry, but the market, the souk.
It is said that the contact between different civilizations is an enrichment for both.
– If there is mutual respect and the will to live together, then there is. Otherwise there is no enrichment but war. A war in which the most powerful weapon is the demographic one, which is entirely to their advantage.
And what does Europe do?
– Europe does not exist. Never before has there been a more foolish political structure than this Europe. It is a monster. It cannot even stop the immigration of people who work for 10% of Europe’s labour costs and destroy the continent’s economy. This is not my Europe.
So what is your Europe?
– A confederal Europe, made up only of the first six/seven Member States, whose president must also be the head of the European Bank so that he has both political and economic power, and a single Supreme Court, as in the USA. The Europe of Brussels, with 28 countries and 28 different languages, is a dead entity. A Europe that wants to extend to the Ukraine…. Ridiculous. It can’t even defend itself against Islamic fanaticism.
How will the Islam end?
– When we have reached the man-bomb, the martyr for the faith that explodes between the citizens, it means that the conflict will have reached its highest degree.
Source: Il Giornale of 17/01/2016
Journalist: Luigi Mascheroni
Fenixx: “Wij zijn door een ramp getroffen want wij hadden de illusie dat wij de islam konden aanpassen”
Wikipedia data about Giovanni Sartori:
Altijd op de hoogte blijven van het laatste nieuws?
Volg ons dan nu op Telegram via > deze link < !
De redactie van deze site modereert niet de reacties op voorhand, opdat u openlijk en direct met elkaar kunt discussiëren. U bent zelf verantwoordelijk voor wat u schrijft in het reactieveld. Het recht om de wet te overtreden, het oproepen tot moord, doodsverwensingen en dergelijke, is echter voorbehouden aan de redactie. Als we dan toch voor de rechter moeten verschijnen, staan we daar liever zelf dan dat we gedwongen worden uw e-mail-adres en IP-nummer af te geven onder bedreiging van overheidsgeweld. Dus houd je een beetje in of wees creatief.