An Imam () in Zurich has been arrested after allegedly calling for non-practicing Muslims to be burned and killed.
The Ethiopian Imam, who was charged on August 2 of a number of other offences, including posting violent images of killings on Facebook and sharing them with people, and of working as an imam without authorisation.
Swiss prosecutors have now demanded the Imam is expelled from the country, with a 15-year ban on returning. They also want him to face an 18-month suspended sentence.
Complaints about the alleged hate speech reportedly go back to November 2016, when police raided the An-Nur mosque in Winterthur after being sent evidence of his radical speeches. Four people were arrested, including the Imam.
The mosque was then shut down in June this year.
In one speech, the unnamed Imam is said to have called on worshippers to expel Muslims who did not pray regularly…
/He then apparently said that those who refused to practice Islam even after being expelled should be burned and killed in their homes…
- An’Nur-Vorstand soll Sex mit Minderjähriger gehabt haben
- Imam der An’Nur-Moschee bleibt in Haft
- Das ist der Hass-Prediger von Winterthur
- Ethiopian imam arrested after he said Muslims who do not pray should be ‘burned and killed’
- Controversial Swiss mosque to close its doors
- Swiss city slammed for failing to prevent radicalization
- Ermittlungen wegen Sex mit Kindern im An’Nur-Vorstand
- Winterthur at centre of Swiss jihadi fighter claims
So, they shut the bloody mosque, good politics!
- An’Nur-Moschee in Winterthur am Ende (TELE TOP)
- Einsatz der Polizei bei der Winterthurer An’Nur-Moschee (TELE TOP)