- FBI investigator Daniela Greene began investigating ISIS operative Denis Cuspert in January 2014
- By June, she lied to the FBI and told them she was going on vacation
- In reality, she went to Syria, met up with Cuspert, and married him
- Within two months, she fled Syria, returned to the US, and was arrested
- She served a two year prison sentence
In an exclusive report, CNN News unravels the strange case of FBI interpreter Daniela Greene, 38, who went to Syria in 2014 and married the brutal terrorist who had appeared in ISIS propaganda videos holding human heads.
Her husband was Germany-born Denis Cuspert, who rapped under the name Deso Dogg. In Syria, he was known as Abu Talha al-Almani.
He was considered one of the most violent operatives in Syria, including singing songs of praise to Osama bin Laden, threatening Barack Obama with a throat cutting gesture, and holding a bloody head in a recruiting video.
Within weeks of their marriage, Greene, born in Czechoslovakia and raised in Germany, realized marrying Cuspert was a mistake and fled back to the US, where she was arrested and eventually served two years in prison…